Home › Forums › General Forum Info, Guidelines, Rules and Regulations and FAQ’s › Rules and Regulations
December 8, 2016 at 10:28 am #376
Welcome to Tony and Amelia’s Web Page and furthermore Welcome to our Forums.
The Rules of these forums are somewhat common sense and basic. A simple Set of Rules that should be followed to keep these forums as interesting and friendly as possible.
- TREAT OTHER MEMBERS WITH RESPECT. This goes without saying but treat others in the basic same courteous fashion that you yourself would like to be treated.
- Please post your topic under a relevant forum. (i.e. your post about apples, should not be posted under the Forum about Fish Farming) Read the forum or thread description before posting.
- All people are welcome to become members and to participate in the forums, and shall not be discriminated on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or age. With that being said, seeing as this is a public forum based generally about Homesteading, with its abundant categories and sub categories of discussion, whether it be about the how to(s), the challenges faced, the selective choices to be made, the planning stages, to the final execution of pursuing this type of lifestyle. We ask to please keep your posts on point and in line with the topic of discussion. If you wish to speak politics there are forums available online for this, if you wish to speak religion there are also forums for this, as well as a multitude of forums about just about anything. We would like to keep these forums along the lines of the prescribed Homesteading topics only.
- We ask that members please use a clear descriptive subject line when creating a new thread.
- The forums are intended at this time to be in English We are not criticizing or in any way biased towards any person or persons that speak other languages. But as our demographic are mostly English speakers. Please do your best to translate (there are a multitude of online services for translating text available online) before posting. If there were to be enough demand we may insert some sub forums later on for Spanish and French speaking people that wish to share. But at this time we wish to keep everything as English as possible so that all members may share in what it is you have to say.
- DO NOT SPAM! All posts that are considered to be spam will be deleted by the moderators. It is really difficult to try to follow a thread about Homesteading when all of a sudden there are adverts posted by users about some getaway vacation resort deals. Just don’t do it. Warnings! will be issued for this type of activity and repeating this activity will have your account suspended or deleted.
- Please do not post in all CAPITAL LETTERS. As to some of the internet culture this is considered shouting and is looked down on for the most part.
- Please do not post oversized images. (Image sizes should not be more than 800px X 600px). As well at this time we are not enabling image uploading on our servers for any members. It is simply for the benefit of our web servers. There are a multitude of sites that will allow you to upload images to their servers and allow you to hot link to those images off site. An example of this would be http://tinypic.com.
- INSULTING, DEFAMATORY REMARKS, or FLAMING (Description from Wikipedia (Flaming is a hostile and insulting interaction between Internet users, often involving the use of profanity.)). These actions towards Moderators, your Hosts and/or other Members will not be tolerated. A warning may be issued and/or a ban or deletion of your account depending on the severity of the offence.
- TROLLING (Description from Wikipedia(In Internet slang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response. Or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion, often for the troll’s amusement.)) This type of action will be dealt with depending on the grade of the troll with a single warning, and/or suspension or deletion of the users account.
- SWEARING (Do you kiss your grandmother with that mouth!) We understand that sometimes the odd swear word could emphasize a point you might want to make, or sometimes there is just no better word to describe something. Remember that there may be young children and or people that may be sensitive to what you write, that will read what it is you have to say. At this time we are not planning to install language filters, with the hopes that the community we are trying to develop can comport themselves accordingly. Write in a considerate manner and everything should be fine. For the potty mouthed that have a hard time to string a sentence together without swearing constantly. Warnings may be issued as well as for those who truly cannot control themselves the possibility of an account suspension.
- There should be no mention, in these forums about where you can pirate or download the latest and greatest of software, games or movies. Firstly because Piracy is Illegal, and secondly if asked by the authorities we would have no choice but to hand over stored information about the poster to them. So just don’t do it. We ask that our members respect the copy write of others. In all forms, media, images, text etc.
- DO NOT POST INAPPROPRIATE MATERIAL. There will be 0(zero) tolerance of the posting of images that contain nudity, suggestions and/or links that will lead other members to sites that contain Pornography etc. at any level. So a rule of thumb would be, if you would not be comfortable viewing your posted material in front of your boss, your parents, your wife or kids. Do not post it. Warnings will be issued and repeat offenders may have their accounts suspended and or deleted.
- The forums should not be used as a launch pad for you to advertise your newest products or services. Although there is a fine line that surrounds this, there are instances where someone can be helpful in offering another member legitimate goods or services if a particular member asked for assistance and or recommendation of goods and/or services. This would be tolerated. Whereas someone posting unsolicited links to the forums to provide goods and services would be considered spam and would be dealt with under those guidelines.
- We do not need back seat moderators, if you find something that our moderation team may have missed please click on the link in the bottom of the page and report the post. Do not add fuel to the fire; do not try to moderate the situation yourself. If you found something offensive or something outside the guidelines of our terms for Forum usage. Just let our moderation team know and let them take care of it.
With that summed up! We reserve the right to modify the rules and regulations concerning our forums at any time. Let us remind you that we are all just looking for a friendly environment to discuss a common passion. The moderators are not looking to “get you”, and their decisions will be final. If you feel the need to repeal the decision of a moderator, this can be done through the contact form with the webmaster of this site.
Note: If your posts have been modified, your text has been deleted, or your account has been suspended. You most likely have done something that is in deep contrast as to the guidelines set out in the above clauses. We really do not wish to police these forums, but we are intolerant to members who only wish use these forums to further their own personal agendas.
Our only hope is that these forums can fill some voids to those who wish to embark completely on Tony and Amelia’s lifestyle choice, or simply for those who wish to share or implement their own stories about implementing parts and pieces of their journey into their own lives. Be it Home Gardening, becoming more independent individual, or sharing the same ecological mindset as the rest of the members on this site. Keep it clean, keep all discussion on point, and have fun.
Tony and Amelia
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.